We are accepting new patients from the northern half of Virginia and Washington DC only. You can appeal this limitation by sending us an email. Appeals by phone will NOT be accepted. In only very rare and selective cases have we made exceptions. Read why we instituted this policy.
We participate with the following Virginia health insurance companies (subject to change). We are happy to see all patients irrespective of insurance. However, if we see you for a visit and we do not participate with your health insurance, we will bill YOU directly all charges. We will be happy to provide a receipt which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Alternatively, you can request a "Letter of Medical Necessity" from your primary care doctor for temporary non-par provider health insurance coverage.
Please note that many health insurance policies do have out-of-network benefits but your out-of-pocket costs will be higher than if you see an in-network physician. This is particularly true if you live OUTSIDE OF VIRGINIA, even if your health insurance plan is listed below!
It is YOUR responsibility to determine whether our practice participates as an in-network provider with your health insurance plan or not. Click here for more information regarding what in-network vs out-of-network participation means.
We do participate with CareCredit for flexible payment options for hearing aids only (cost can be as low as ~$50 per month over 24 months).
- Aetna (All plans EXCEPT QHP plans and healthcare marketplace exchange plans which contain gold, silver, bronze on the card)
- Anthem (All plans)
- CareFirst (All plans)
- Cigna (All plans EXCEPT those belonging to Connect Network and SureFit)
- Coventry (All plans)
- Mail Handlers
- Medicaid (only patients <12 years old if primary insurance; all others only if as secondary insurance)
- Medicare Replacement Plans
- Railroad Medicare
- One Net PPO
- Tricare (We are an authorized provider but NOT an in-network provider. As such, the cost share is 25% of the allowed amount.)
- We do NOT participate with Tricare Prime unless you are referred from a pediatrician specifically for surgery.
- United Healthcare (All plans)
- Includes Mamsi/MDIPA/OC, UHIS, InforMed, and Compass Rose Health Plan, and Optimum Choice
Worker's compensation is not accepted in our office except in rare, case-by-case situations. In order to have your case reviewed by us, your worker's compensation administrator must forward your request along with medical records to our office. Our staff will than review and decide on a case-by-case basis whether to accept or decline.
For all other plans in which we do not participate, the patient will be required to self-pay in full and submit to the insurance reimbursement for all office visits, testing, and procedures. YOU will be responsible for any unpaid balance, copayments, and deductibles. Please remember that YOU have the contract with the insurance carrier (NOT us for health plans we do not participate in), and therefore you assume responsibility for understanding the requirements of your specific plan.
We re-evaluate participation in various insurance plans from time to time. If your plan is not listed or you have questions concerning the above information, please contact our office at (540) 347-0505 and ask to speak with Carrie.
If you don't understand how copays, deductibles, coinsurance, premiums, etc work, click here for an explanation.