Dr. Christopher Chang
- Fauquier Ear, Nose, and Throat Consultants, Warrenton, VA
• Joined October 2005
- Gaia Social Media Group
• Co-Founder and Chief Medical Consultant 2011
- INOVA Fairfax Hospital Craniofacial Program, Fairfax, VA
• Affiliated since June 2006 - Consultant
- Laryngology and Voice Disorders Fellowship (James P. Thomas, MD), Portland, OR
• July 2005 - September 2005
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
• 2004-2005: Chief Resident in the Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
• 2001-2004: Resident in the Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
• 2000-2001: Surgical Intern in the Department of General Surgery
- Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
• 1996-2000: Doctor of Medicine
- Yale University, New Haven, CT
• 1992-1996: Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biophysics & Biochemistry with Honors, magna cum laude
- Eastman School of Music (Pre-College Program), Rochester, NY
• 1987-1992: Diploma in Cello Performance (more info)
For appearances in the media, click here.
Dr. Chang is a Yale and Duke-trained Board-Certified Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgeon with fellowship training in laryngology and voice disorders (one of only a few laryngologists in the mid-Atlantic USA). He is a United States patent holder and has authored numerous textbook chapters and peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals, as well as actively involved in medical research in this specialty field. He has been named as one of America's Top Physicians by the Consumer's Research Council of Americ, Northern Virginia Top Doctor, Top Doctor by Castle Connolly, Washingtonian Top Doctor, and Top Doctor by US News & World Report.
He joined Fauquier ENT Consultants in October 2005 and enjoys treating all aspects of the head and neck of all different ages from pediatrics to adults. He has a particularly keen interest in surgical treatment for obstructive sleep apnea as well as professional voice care from operatic singers to the lecturing professor whether the complaint be a weaker than normal voice to sudden pitch breaks or onset delays of only the upper singing vocal range. Complete care from diagnosis to voice therapy to surgical correction of vocal problems are provided. Additionally, he is the founder of the Virginia Voice & Speech Center as well as co-founder of the consulting firm, Gaia Social Media Group.
He also addresses problems related to allergy, ears, nose, sinus, throat, salivary gland, head & neck masses, skin cancer, and use of botox to treat facial/neck spasms/dystonias (spasmodic dysphonia, oral mandibular dystonias, torticollis, tongue dystonia, oro-facial dystonia, palate myoclonus, etc). He is one of only a few surgeons in the United States knowledgeable in the minimally invasive treatment of Zenker's Diverticulum.
Outside interests include running, hiking, cycling, SCUBA, kayaking, swing dancing (West Coast Swing), and snowboarding. He is also an amateur movie producer creating videos on a variety of ENT topics for patient education.
He lives in Warrenton with his wife and daughters.