ENT Position Available With Our Practice
Our solo practice is looking for a board-eligible or board-certified candidate to join our practice with potential for partnership (if full-time and interested). Our practice is also equally open to candidates desiring part-time position (partnership will not be offered in this situation).
We are located in Northern Virginia about 35 minutes directly west of Washington DC. The practice itself is located on the hospital campus situated in the lovely tree-lined rural city of Warrenton, VA where one can even see the Appalachian mountains from our office. All city amenities are available within a short 15 minute drive but without the traffic and hassle of big-city congestion.
Interest in general otolaryngology is a must with sub-specialty interest even better (but not necessary).
Some facts about the practice that may be of interest:
- Full-service ENT office with ancillary services including audiology (OAE, ABR, audio), hearing aid dispensing/repair, vestibular testing (VNG, ENG, ECoG, VEMP), allergy testing (immunoCAP only), and immunotherapy (sublingual immunotherapy and allergy shots)
- Near-monopoly services in terms of ENT and allergy in the region
- There is currently only 1 otolaryngologist (myself) in the entire Fauquier county. There is no ENT in Culpeper county to the south. Only 1 ENT in Warren county to the west.
- Office records, Hospital records, and Radiology fully on electronic medical records & PACS accessible from home via internet. E-prescribing including narcotics available. Office is on NextGen. Hospital is on MediTech.
- Only one office and no satellite offices to cover
- Only one hospital to cover when on-call (hospital is not a trauma center)
- In-office phlebotomy services.
- BrainLAB image guidance available.
- Two ultrasound machines available in the office. One strobe system available in the office. 3 video towers for endoscopic exams/procedures available in the office.
- Aggressive social media participation
- Semi-rural, small-town environment (low cost of living) but close to metro centers (40 minutes from Washington DC without traffic).
- High private insurance payer mix
- Family health insurance and 401K pension benefits are offered
- If FULL-TIME, practice call coverage would be 1:2 (with calls rarely occurring after hours). Hospital and ER coverage does not require more than 8 days of call per month. Shared call arrangements with other regional ENTs available on a per diem basis (covering ENTs are located in Reston, Manassas, and Front Royal). Shared office overhead expenses would be split 50:50. Guaranteed income for the first year of practice available in the form of a forgivable loan.
- If PART-TIME, practice call coverage would be no more than 8 days a month (with calls rarely occurring after hours). This would be simultaneously taken with hospital and ER coverage which also does not require more than 8 days of call per month. Shared call arrangements with other regional ENTs available on a per diem basis (covering ENTs are located in Reston, Manassas, and Front Royal). Shared office overhead expenses would be on a negotiated graduated scale as a percentage of revenue after individual specific expenses (ie, malpractice, health insurance, 401K, etc). Guaranteed income for the first year of practice; the amount would vary depending on the planned number of hours worked per week.