Allergy Shots versus Allergy DropsTweet
We are an ENT allergy practice and as such, deal only with problems above the shoulders which excludes the lungs and asthma.
|Method of Administration||Shot in the Arm(s)||A Drop Under the Tongue|
|Risk of Anaphylaxis||Small||None Reported|
|Adverse Reactions||Multiple (Swelling, Itching, Hayfever, etc.)||Nausea, Itching/Swelling/Tingling in the Mouth|
|Physician Visit Required?||Weekly for Years||Every 6-12 Months|
|Allergy Testing Required||Yes (every 2-3 years as needed)||Yes (every 2-3 years as needed)|
|Insurance Coverage for Allergy Testing||Yes for Most Insurances||Yes for Most Insurances|
|Contraindications?||On beta-blocker medication, history of anaphylaxis, young children, asthmatics in our practice, pregnancy||Less than 3 years of age, asthmatics in our practice, on beta-blocker medication, pregnancy|
|Duration of Treatment||3-5+ years||3-5+ years|
|Treatment Frequency||Every 1 to 4 weeks||Daily (one drop 3 times a day)|
|Treatment Location||Physician Office on Build-Up; Home on Maintenance||Home|
|FDA Approved?||Yes||Off-Label (Currently Pending)|
|Cost||Per Insurance Carrier||Out-of-Pocket (Click here for current cost)|
Related Blog Articles
- Allergy Shots in Britain Require a LONG Waiting Period Afterwards
- Child's Allergy Risk Higher If Same Sex Parent Has It
- Allergy Shots in the Leg? Abdomen?
- Food Allergy Reaction Video
- Does Acupuncture Help With Allergies?
- There are TWO Different Allergy Shot Systems (AAAAI and AAOA)
- Different Types of Immunotherapy for Allergy Cure
- Patients with Iodine or Seafood Allergy CAN Receive Contrast During CT Scans
- Hidden Costs of Allergy Shots
Related Articles Readers Have Viewed
Any information provided on this website should not be considered medical advice or a substitute for a consultation with a physician. If you have a medical problem, contact your local physician for diagnosis and treatment. Advertisements present are clearly labelled and in no way support the website or influence the contents.
Recommend this Webpage to Others
By Clicking +1!
Join Us on Facebook!